We provide “Green” cleaning services observing the following principles and products.
We use only:
- Green Seal’s Standard for Industrial and Institutional Cleaners (GS-37) certified chemicals for general purpose, washroom, glass, and carpet cleaning or recommended chemicals for those not covered by standard, but go beyond current industry specifications (e.g., furniture polish, metal cleaner)
- Hand soaps that do not contain antimicrobial agents (e.g., Triclosan) except where required by law or regulations (i.e., healthcare or food preparation)
- Micro-fiber dusting cloths and flat mops to collect dust and dirt. These out-perform traditional dusting and mopping materials and can often be used to remove soils without the need for chemical compounds. Also can be reused for minimal waste
- Effective Janitorial Equipment
- Carpet & Rug Institute’s Green Label Program for vacuums
- High-speed burnishers with active vacuum attachments that capture fine particles
- Carpet extractors and automatic floor scrubbers that reduce water consumption
- “Green” Paper Products
EPA’s Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines and Green Seal’s Standards for Tissue (GS-1) and Towels (GS-9) for recycled content in janitorial paper products bleached without the use of chlorine or its derivatives SKS also offers other “green” maintenance services that go beyond cleaning green.